From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:42:49 -0800
hello howard, this box uses the rc systems double talk speech, and it
also uses a pic and lots of code.  how ever this box could be used
probably with any radio that has a cat port.  you have the correct
idea, if a person wanted to develop firmware for the different
radio's one box would probably be enough.  actually the box replaces
the computer and screen reader.  so you have a stand alone box that
can sit on top of the radio or beside it.  and as the data flows out
of the radio's cat port the box presents the info in speech.  and
commands sent from the box to the radio via the 16 button keypad are
taken and the commands are done.  the nice thing is the output is
automatic so you don't have to move something and then push a button
to see what happened.  you can adjust the output and as you do the
radio passes the info to the speech box and it is spoken by
itself.  take care amigo, c u 73 mike w6quv