From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 07:18:46 -0800
Hi Tom,

I would follow the advice of taking the portable with you and introducing
yourself to them.  You might explain that the interference could possibly
indicate they have a faulty device that could be costing them power or
getting ready to fail.  Have them turn off one breaker at a time until the
noise goes away.  Then, they could disconnect devices in the area identified
until the noise goes away again.  If the device is something reasonably
inexpensive, you might even offer to pay part of the expense of replacement
or they may be very willing to do it themselves.

Good luck with this and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX