From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:47:56 -0500
Doug,

The trouble is that you really need more PF keys to do all that we want them
to do.  When the B key is set to read the S-meter on receive, it reads the
power on transmit.  I might even like to see the A key read power on
transmit, but I can also think of reasons why it should behave just as it
does now.  I've thought of building a box with four buttons that would
access the other PF keys, but that project is enough like work so I haven't
done it yet.  It's always easy to think of better ways to do things once you
have the radio in front of you, but not so easy to design in everything you
want before you have a working model.

Incidentally, did you know that if you press and hold the filter button you
can use the A key to read the high and low settings?  You have to be quick
about it because after a couple of seconds that segment of the display
reverts back to showing the frequency or menu setting.

Steve