Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:16:44 -0400
Steve,

I'm not Russ, but I purchased my iPhone last February.  With the help of the
Getting to Know YOur iPhone book from National Braille Press, I was
functional after a week or two.  I'm still learning some things with certain
apps as I go, but I would never go back now.  There are just too many very
useful apps you can use that make the iPhone so damn fun and useful.  It
ranges from GPS apps that are accessible, a currency identifier for a couple
bucks, and Vizwiz which lets you take a picture of something and record a
question and somebody answers it within a minute or two.  Can't get that on
a basic cell phone.
And, of course, with the new iPhone 4s, you can use Siri and ask questions,
tell it to wake you up at a certain time, schedule appointments all
verbally.

The Other Steve in Michigan, K8SP