From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:07:05 -0500
well when I do my "tour of the 590s" I want to briefly describe as
though I sound like I know what I am talking about, these features,
as well as things I have discovered such as; when you hold down the
a/b button to check the split frequency, you can actually tune the
main knob while holding down the button, which is truly neat! and
having the speech not speaking at that time is much better than
having to click the mic button a tiny bit to stop it speaking all the
time, etc.
thank you, Steve! a lot for the explanations. This is truly a fantastic rig.
I started out with the most humble of gear, a DX35 Heath transmitter
and Collins 75A1, tank of a receiver, (weighed 52 pounds) and was
solid, though not real sensitive.
comparing what was then to now, is like science fiction come to life
in many ways.

Curt

W B 6 H E F