From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:43:11 -0700
I wouldn't worry about the grease.  I use to use it all the time, and it
keeps connections from coroding and moisture out.  I've never had it
make a bad connection.  Many antennas I use to put together came with
grease to put on the aluminum joints so they wouldn't corode.  Different
strokes and all that, but I've been doing this stuff since 1968.  I flat
refuse to use coax seal. It is a pain in the ass if you ever want to
undo that connection to check the cable or whatever.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148