From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 23:20:45 -0400
I've had people do the same thing here, I generally let it go and hoped for
the best and have yet to have any problem, my 10  meter vertical was up
there with nothing but good electrical tape on that connector for almost 10
years with no problem. A lot of them I don't even bother with and it seems
the ones I have the least trouble with I don't seal at all.