From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 06:05:24 -0400
Hi, folks.

Ever since I got my TS590, I have noticed something, but I can't determine
if it's a problem.

I notice that the male part of the mic connector in the rig moves around
slightly within the rig's connector socket.  When I connect a mic, all pin
connections seem very secure, and the connector does not move in or out,
just kind of sideways and up and down within the connector socket.

I seem to recall experiencing a similar thing with other rigs I have had
with the 8-pin connector, such as the IC718, the IC746, and my original
IC751, but don't have those rigs to compare to be sure.

Again, I'm not sure this is a problem, and am certainly not looking for
other things to worry about, but I just want to keep Murphy away from this
QTH if at all possible.  He has created enough havoc in the antenna
department to last me for a while.  (grin)

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ