From:
"T. Joseph Carter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:03:20 -0700
Its max ratings are 1000 volts DC, 750 volts AC, 400 milliamp.  Don't
know what the maximum frequency meter can detect offhand, and it will
also read capacitance and check diodes.  It has an audible continuity
tester which grates on my nerves to use.  *grin*

It sells for around $50.

The history on this is that the NFB tried to order the Omega meter in
some quantity for its Youth Slam.  Omega refused to fill the order,
saying it was dangerous for a blind person to use a multimeter (good
thing we didn't tell them it was for blind high school students!)  We
did tell them that they could not refuse to sell to us on the basis
of disability.  They continued to refuse.

So the NFB let some lawyers out of the cage.  Omega responded by
taking the product off the market, saying that they would gladly sell
us multimeters a blind person could not use instead.

So we found the Tophand meter, which is cheaper but difficult to
source.  It's carried by TheSource in Canada, but they don't ship to
US addresses from their website (and it's hard to find the product
anyway!)  MPJA got a bunch of them in the surplus market, but has
long since sold out of them.  The NFB has them, but I don't know if
they're going to have supply problems in the future or not.

Get 'em while you can, I figure.  (And I did figure out how to use
standard test leads with the thing, but it's clearly not what I'm
meant to do!)

Joseph - KF7QZC