From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:55:51 -0500
Hi Mike,

Omega used to sell a high end talking meter $300 or more but they
discontinued it as I understand they thought someone would put their hands
into dangerous voltages.

Radio Shack used to sell a talking meter, however, they have been
discontinued for 10 or more years.

More recently, a surplus electronics dealer had several hundred of the
Tophand brand talking meters for $40.  They have been out of stock now for
several months.

The NFB sells I believe the same thing for $50 and you can order from the
following link.

http://secure.nfb.org/ecommerce/asp/product.asp?product=843&cat=18&ph
=

I have learned to order these items when they are available as if you wait,
you will be out of luck.  In fact, if the item is cheap enough, I will buy
more than one.

Do you remember the cheap Hamilton Beach talking microwave oven?  I bought
three of them and put two in storage.

It's a shame that we have to do this.

I hope this helps.

I wouldn't wait you better order now if you want one!!

73's

Howard, W A 9 Y B W