ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:31:25 -0600
I have said for literally years that the internet will eventually become all
audio and video.  The web phones have made this a reality.  My kids, and
other family members and friends, pass pictures back and forth over their
web phones as easy as pressing a couple of buttons.  Our 9th grandchild, 7th
boy, 7 of 7 if you watch Star Trek, Voyager, and you know what the Borg are,
was born last Monday morning about 3:15 in the morning.  My kid's cell
phones were snapping digital pictures and sending them to friends and family
like crazy all across the United States.  For the blind, the audio
recordings work the exact same way.  George Buys, God rest his soul as is so
often said, had this idea of audio based communications for the blind, many
years ago when he tried marketing a small audio attachment device for
computers.  I have one now that is free but I don't need it on my computer
much any more because my web phone does the same thing but is quicker and I
can record from any place.  If you have enough memory in your phone, you can
read books, listen to music, and the addressbook, calendar, and
appointmentbooks are out of this world and really are practical to use.

Phil.