From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 01:34:03 -0600
I've run into a couple of machines where I can't access the floppy
drives.  The drives are connected properly and they function properly in
other machines.  The problem seems to be something done on/to the hard
drives that makes the floppies inaccessible for (probably) security
reasons.  Does anyone have any experience with this technique/software?
If so, how do I defeat it to gain access to the floppies again?
Reformatting works on some systems, and repartitioning works on others,
but on some, neither of these techniques, nor anything else I've tried
allows us to access the floppies.  The CMOS does not have an option for
floppy boot, etc.  It's not a matter of keeping data on the HD's
secret.  The idea is to reformat the drives and start over.  This can't
be done until we can boot from the floppies.  At this point, we can't
even read from them.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  TIA
--
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639