From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:27:58 -0500
Had originally posted this to PCSOFT (thought it might be an updated
driver or OS issue) but was asked by the moderator to post it here.

Have an ASUS m/b with a VX chipset (I think this has something to do with
my problem) and 3 IDE drives set up properly as Primary Master & Slave
and Secondary Master.  In Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager, I
have yellow exclamation points under the Intel 82371SB PCI Bus Master
Controller, in front of the two entries for Primary and Secondary IDE
Controller (dual fifo).  Under the performance tab, all three drives are
listed as using DOS compatibility mode.

I've been a member of this list (actually all three) for a long time now,
and seem to recall something about this kind of problem, but haven't been
able to go back and find any messages I might have archived about it.  My
vague recollection had something to do with the existence of a "noide"
(or something similar) registry entry, but I can find no such entry in mine.

Is my problem related to what I seem to be remembering, or something else
(like an updated driver for the IDE controller that I need to download
from microsoft.com)?  Thanks much!

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.