From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:47:13 -0800
On 26 Feb 98 at 2:00, michael wrote:

> i dig out my trusty emergency boot disk to format the new drive and lo
> and behold, my machine boots from c:.
> i reboot about 20 times with the same result, box won't boot from a:.

  There should be a setting in the BIOS for drive boot order.  If
this is set to "C:,A:", then the only time the machine will ever boot
from a floppy is if it doesn't find an active partition on the first
hard drive.  Switch it to "A:,C:"; it will take a couple seconds
longer to boot, but you'll be sure of being able to boot from a
floppy when you need to.

  [You should have FDISK and FORMAT on your C: drive as part of
Win95, so it's unlikely that you really "need" to boot from the
floppy right now....]

David G