Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:27:44 -0700
  I don't think I've tried to move anything directly between Win 7 and
OSX except by USB drive.

  But assuming that I needed to, all 3 of my OSX machines use Parallels
to also run Win XP, and one of my Win 7 desktops is "Ultra" and so has
"Virtual XP mode available to it.  So there are a couple of ways to make
the network connection XP-to-XP and eliminate both OSX and Win 7 from
the equation.
  The oldest OSX I've ever had was 10.4, which I never had a problem
connecting to NETBT (NetBIOS over TCP/IP) with, so I don't know how well
10.3.9 did this....)

David Gillett
CISSP CCNP