From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:09:29 -0400
All the answers have been correct, but if you already have a VHS
player you may want to go the route I did.  I purchased a device
called EasyCAP which comes with some simple capture and video editing
software (as well as DVD burning) for less then $10 (plus
shipping).  It connects to a USB 2.0 port with video, audio and
S-video inputs.  Follow the instructions and you'll find it easy and cheap.

Doug

>Date:    Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:16:06 -0400
>From:    Tom Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Recording VCR tape onto DVD
>
>Hopefully this is the right forum to post this question. If not,
>please let me know where this question should be posted.
>
>I know the easiest way to copy a VCR tape to a DVD is to spend $200
>and get a dual machine made for that purpose. But after I record the
>VCR's to DVD I will have an extra DVD player I won't need. I have a
>computer running Win 7, AMD Athlon 3+ GHz dual core processor, 6 GB
>RAM and a Hauppague 1800 TV card with coax antenna and cable inputs.
>The card works well and am able to record programs through Win Media
>Center onto the HD. I think by hooking up a VCR tape to the coax
>antenna input Win Media Center will recognize the signal and I will
>be able to record it onto my 1 TB HD. Then I just copy that onto a
>DVD. Am I missing something? Has anyone done this?

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml