Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 20:07:12 -0700
7BIT
From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
  Since it runs fine in Safe Mode, I think your problem must be
with one of the additional driers that loads only when you run
in Normal Mode.

  Have any of your drivers been updated recently?  If so, you
might try rolling them back to the previous driver version, or
System Restore.

  (Automatic Updates has been known to deliver and install
drivers for slightly different hardware than is actually
installed....)

David Gillett

On 30 Sep 2009 at 13:46, Michael Eisenstadt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently replaced the original Athlon XP 2600+
> cpu with an Athlon XP 3000+ cpu. The computer os
> is WinXP Pro SP 2, motherboard is an Asus A7N8X-X,
> RAM is 1G Kingston.
>
> Computer ran normally for a week or so and then
> developed the following problem. In Normal Mode
> the computer locks up in about 5 to 10 minutes
> or Reboots. In Safe Mode with Networking, the
> computer is perfectly stable and connects to
> the Internet. I have run Spybot and F-Prot anti
> virus programs which removed a number of malware.
>
> In the BIOS, I have tried going to default
> settings and other options but the problem
> remains unfixed.
>
> It seems that my options are reinstalling the XP 2600+
> cpu and/or reinstalling WinXP Pro as I still don't
> know whether I have a software or a hardware problem.
>
> What do you suggest?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Mike Eisenstadt
> Austin Texas