From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 02:00:22 -0600
not sure what's so bad about CB...it's no worse than afternoon soap operas,
or prime time TV for that matter...probably a little cleaner in fact.
There are groups of licensed guys on 75M who are as bad or worse than any of
the cb'ers I ever heard.
And 11M CB channels are a great way to check if there is DX on the higher
bands.
I helped a guy get his ham license last year by running across him on
channel 38 lower side, and talking to him for a few hours about ham radio
and the local ham community.  After he was able to talk to a real live ham
operator, who actually wasn't so stuck up that he couldn't talk on a CB
frequency, he was convinced we weren't all so bad and went and wrote his
test.

73
Colin, V A6BS