From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:24:02 -0600
the only thing I can think of is that the pocket alert, or beep alert or
whatever they call it has been turned on.
This might beep constantly if the squelch has also been set wide open.
And, when that beep alert thing is turned on, you don't hear anything except
the beep.  You are supposed to grab the radio and disable the beep alert to
see why it was alerting you.
It's rather easy to turn on as I found once and had to do a reset.
However, read the section of the manual on Icanworkthisthing.com about the
alert beep and perhaps give her steps of how to turn it off and reset the
squelch.

73
Colin, V A6BS