From:
Alonzo Cuellar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:39:55 -0500
Hello,
I understand the concern of others and why they'd not buy from Yaesu. But there is many work arounds on using rigs. I use to use a heath kit radio back some years ago. It didn't have a speech board or anything. Telling frequency was very hard and i had to ask the current contact in progress to tell me the frequency I was on. Same goes for the radio shack ten meter radio I owned. I still have it, but its not set up.
As long as frequency announcements and perhaps voice of a few other things can be done I'd be satisfied with that. Its sad to see how the world is, but lets face it folks things are still being worked on to be mainstream for people with disabilities.
Apple has done things right and lets hope they continue. I enjoy windows, but find myself using linux more. I've eliminated windows from my computers. If I have to use a rig with windows, then so be it.
But for now the only rigs I can afford in the coming months is the icon IC718 and the Yawsu FT450D. they do not have very many voicing options, but as long as I can enter the frequencies, hear the frequency I'm on, things like that… I'll be good to go until I can opt to purchase a ken wood TS590.
That would be some months or maybe even a year or two later since the rig I buy in the next few months wil have to do for a while.

73,
Alonzo