From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:06:41 -0400
Before I got the Idiom Press board installed, I was using a Science for the
Blind meter reader as the rotor direction indicator.  The voltage from the
potentiometer in the rotor is rectified, unfiltered DC.  I had a two-section
RC network across the input of the meter reader, and a pot to drop the
voltage down from several volts to a few millivolts.  I was measuring the
voltage from ground, which is the wiper of the potentiometer in the rotor,
to the counter-clockwise end of the pot.  This is a null-indicating meter
reader, and I set it up so that full clockwise south was at full scale,
north was at about 50% of scale, and CCW south was at 0.  I like my new
setup better, but this worked, too.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls