From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:33:40 -0400
Hi, all.

Steve (KW3A) has been advising me on the following question, but I have done
everything he suggests, and still can't get my TS590 to connect to my laptop
computer.

Here's the run-down:

I am connecting the rig to the computer via a straight-through serial cable,
just like I used to do with the TS480.

I have no other programs like the N3FJP logging software running, so the
radio should be the only thing trying to communicate with the computer.

I have my baud rate set at 9600 both in the TS590 and in the software.  Com
port 1 is available, and I have specified that as my com port.

Changing com ports does not seem to do anything.

In the set-up menu, There is a list of items concerning USB and network
command   com port connections, and USB is checked.  I find no serial
option.

I have the box checked to automatically start the software.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

From: tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:33:28 -0400