From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:39:48 -0400
Hi Tom,

I was active in packet radio from the mid 80's through the mid 90's.  I had
a TNC-1 that I used with a dos computer running terminal software such as
Qmodem, procom, and Commo.  I would assume that just like the tnc's of the
80's and the 90's the new breed of tncs will run using terminal software of
some kind.  I can't speak to the accessibility of windows terminal software
but I assume that it can work or can be made to work.  As far as accessible
tnc use with aprs or some of the relatively recently developed messaging
protocols I don't have much information.  Back in the days when dos was
predominant it was extremely easy to use packet with speech software.  I
hope this helps at least as a starting point for you.  Good luck and please
keep us on the list informed on your progress.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM