From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:59:46 -0600
the closest either of those brands come is the Icom IC T90A which has a CW
readout of the frequency.
This would be a tri-band 6M, 2M and 70CM HT.
The CW synth only anounces frequency though, nothing else.
As far as general accessibility, I Find it just as accessible as the TH F6A.
Menu's don't wrap with the T90A though, and you can accomplish many of the
common programming and user functions with one or two button presses.
The programming software is also very accessible.
However, the TH F6A from kenwood, also a tri-bander  but with 2M 1.25M and
70CM, might be slightly more blind friendly as it has all the beeps Dave
mentioned.
The radios are nearly identical in many ways, beyond their obvious frequency
alocation differences...they are similar in size, similar in the way they
are programmed manually, and have fairly similar specs...though the T90 is
better at receiving analogue TV and wide band FM signals.
Oh, the TH F6A also does HF below 30MHZ SSB mode receive only, whereas the
ICt90 does not.

73
Colin, V A6BS