From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 02:16:57 -0500
Sure, I don't know what I'd have to add of interest or value.  Stories about
understanding tube transmitters by groping the inside of a Johnson Valiant?
Tuning a radio by pressing my ear to the cabinet and listening for the dip
in power supply hum?
Reaching inside the front panel of a heath kit tx1 to tune the final
capacitor?  Those aluminum belts broke you know.
Having two tables, one for the receiver and one for the Perkins, so to
lessen the jumping of the receiver?
Not relevant in the digital age.
But, give a ham a chance to talk and don't be surprised if the old buzzard
transmission comes out.