From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:31:05 -0400
Hi folks;
Feel free to delete but I believe there are a few bad apples on this
list.  I have been looking at speech only note takers for about $2,000
and an i-pad and keyboard sound lots cheaper but bigger.  I talked with
my nephew, Mr. computer, who added to my confusion by stating that a key
board would only let me use aps that had an on screen keyboard and he
suggested that many didn't.  Left me perplexed, if no on screen keyboard
then what?
Also national braille press put out a book discussing 19 aps that a
blind person can use.  I hate to buy the book at this stage of things
but I'd love to know what the 19 aps were? Also has anyone tried read to
go from book share and how well does it work?  Is there some version of
read to go that works with rfb&d?
If anyone has any thought provoking ideas feel free to contact me off
list.  I hate to mess up this list with lots of non radio stuff.To keep
things on topic is there an apple app which works as a logging program
and is usable with voice over?
Also I appreciate the replies to my accidental post concerning
transcription.  I think this particular job is a done deal but
unfortunately there will be others with little or no warning.
--
richard