From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:14:47 -0400
Hi Gang,

Since we are talking about shacks I thought I'd ad mine to the mix.

My radio room and home broadcast production studio is in it's own room which
was a bedroom under previous owners of the house.  When I bought it in 1996
the room was re-purposed.

When you walk in straight ahead is the radio table.  It features my FT-736R
vhf/uhf/satellite rig, assorted amateur and commercial portables, head
phones, chargers and my Samsung netbook as well as a pair of amplified
computer speakers.  To the right of this is a set of shelves upon which are
my az/el rotator control box for the Yaesu rotator, an old not working dos
computer, an old 28.8 dialup modem (remember dialup? LOL!), plus the monitor
for the dos machine.  At a 90 degree angle to this is my broadcast
production studio with computer, mixer and sm57 microphone.  I have a few
shelves and filing cabinets for miscellaneous stuff, small parts and papers.
There is a closet for storage as well.

The antennas consist of a 25-foot crank-up tower that holds my az/el rotator
with it's KLM 22c and 40cx 144 and 432MHZ satellite and weak signal
antennas.  In addition there is a 35-foot guyed mast with a discone and a
disused 900MHZ yagi that was once part of a wireless internet system.  This
is what I used before I moved to higher speed and better service with dsl.

Keep the shack descriptions coming gang as I'm always interested in how
people configure their radio shacks.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM