From:
"Tim Crawford (GI4OPH)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:51:28 -0000
Hi Tom,

I had this trouble myself a couple of weeks ago, while attempting to
subscribe to the 590 group.

Following several unsuccessful attempts I found the only way to subscribe
was to sign in to  yahoo, and subscribe via the website.

From memory you will be asked to provide a brief intro and reason for
wishing to join the group.

Of course you'll need to find a way of dealing with the dreaded graphical
verification image which yahoogroups require you to enter.

Best regards,

Tim.

Bangor, N. Ireland.

Skype:  tim-crawford