From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:06:55 -0600
tom:
I had a bit of fun with the OMISS group several years ago.
I didn't get any awards, but a ve6 was always a pretty hot contact for most
of the guys looking for awards.
Back then, they had a QSL management system set up.  You would pay a
relatively small fee, and just email or mail in your log that included all
the OMISS contacts and their OMISS numbers.  The manager would then send out
all QSL cards to those who you contacted, and then send any QSL cards
destined for you out in bulk.
So, you didn't have to worry about sending out yoru own QSL cards etc, you
just had to keep a log of the OMISS contacts.
You don't need to pay to obtain a OMISS log number, or membership number or
what ever they call it.
And, you don't have to pay the fee to get qsl cards and so on from any of
the OMISS members.
You just had to pay to have your qsl cards sent out.
I'm not sure if they still operate that way, but you can check out their
website to see if they still do.
They're a good buntch of guys and they have allot of fun...especially with
the weak signal contact...2 2, 2 by 2, bang bang, rifle shot, 2 2, 22, 2 by
2, rifle shot over over over!
that particular one would get me chuckling to no end when it went on for
five minutes...I mean really, is a 2 by 2 signal report valid? lol to the
OMISS group it is.

73
Colin, V A6BS