From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:41:16 -0400
VO1RYN, who sometimes appears on this listserv, uses an FT450 by remote
control.  I use a FT950, which is the next step up in the Yaesu line.  The
450 includes a synthesizer that can give you information on mode, S-meter
reading and frequency.  There are some options for selectivity; I don't
think you can input the frequency exactly with a keypad, although you can do
it with a computer through its serial port.  Like the 950 and more complex
radios, you set many options through menus, and some of these are accessible
through Ham Radio Deluxe.  If it's like the 950, beeps can give you some
idea of what's going on, but not exact information.  I think more blind
people are using the Icom 718.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls