From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:49:47 -0400
I run a G5RV for 10-80 though don't get on 10 much due to the g5rv poor
performance, if I move out of here, we're trying, I'll get something better
up for that band and 12 and 15, and my cobra ultralite will go back up for
other bands 20 through 160, now it's in a box in the cellar. Either would be
fed by enough coax to get the ladder line out of the shack then, g5rv has
twin lead, ultralite has ladder line.  for 2 meters and 440 which I seldom
use, I run a PVC enclosed J pole, found on ebay for around $30 made by a guy
in 9 land, it seems to work as well as anything else I've used and I have
that up in a tree, and another one on an AC bracket on the side of the house
for packet. Both are fed with LMR400. 900 MHz I have a beam in the window
right now but my comet antenna who's model escapes me now but AES had them,
is in the cellar waiting to go up, either in a tree or on the fire escape
latter for upstairs. That will be fed with LDF4 I think it is, a form of
ladder line though inside the house I may run something thinner, that is
rather thick to be running around.