From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:10:16 -0400
Butch,

Sounds like a typical ham to me.  I know how it is when 590 fever strikes.
Once I made my decision, I couldn't wait to get the radio, and hooked it up
as soon as I found the box on my front porch.  Frustrating as it is, I think
you were wise to let Universal install the speech board for you.  I've done
that with every radio I have, except for the 2000, and that was only because
the radio was shipped from a different store, and they ignored instructions
to install the board.  It turned out to be easy, thanks to some instructions
from a friend of mine, but I was very anxious that I would either damage the
board or the radio.  Anyway, I hope you get the radio soon.  I think you'll
really enjoy it.

Steve