From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 19:58:30 -0400
Gary,

Not by default, but you can turn the Auto Mode option on with Menu 2.  When
Auto Mode is on, the radio switches to lower sideband below 9.5 MHz, and
upper sideband for anything above 9.5 MHz.

You can set up other frequency ranges for Auto Mode.  For example, you could
have the radio switch to AM for the AM broadcast band, CW for the CW
portions of all the amateur bands, etc.  You can enter as many as 32
frequency pairs.  Setting up Auto Mode is covered in depth in the manual.

Steve