Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:11:04 -0400
7bit
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
You're putting a lightning arrester in the shack? or outside? an inline
lightning arrester should always be outside and I sure wouldn't ground it to
the same ground as the radio unless you want lightning coming back in the
radio's RF ground and frying the radio that way. I've heard of that
happening many times I'd disconnect the RF ground in a lightning storm
either way. Maybe I'[m misunderstanding but lightning protection grounding,
like antennas and lightning arresters should never be inside, the radio's
ground is only RF grounding, I wouldn't combine the 2.