Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2011 14:40:08 -0400
7bit
From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Hi.

I have a TM-V71A as well as a TS-2000.  I can say without a doubt that the
voice chip in the 71A gives more audible feedback than the 2000.  The 71A
announces the power level, the PL frequency as you turn the knob to change
it, and all the menu items, although these are a bit cryptic.  The 2000
doesn't announce the power level or PL tones, but you can work around this
because if you get to the minimum or maximum setting the radio will beep if
you try to go beyond these settings, and it does not wrap them.  I
personally don't understand why the 2000 does this, but it sure is helpful
for us blind folk to program the radio.

If the 480 uses the same chip as the 71A, you'll find it quite useable.

Have a great day, and wherever you are in the world remember those who gave
their lives to protect your country.  It's Memorial Day in the U.S., and we
honor our military on this day.

73

GO REDS!
Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY