From:
Old Grumpy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 19:22:16 +0200
Hi Sandy,

(Love your name - I'm Swedish and it has great connotations:
http://www.visitosterlen.se/ (on the RH column there is an English pdf
version)

Mr Atkins slipped on ice on the steps leading up to the entrance to
his office building. He fell badly as witnessed by everyone else
ascending the steps and died of head trauma and shock. His death
certificate states that the cause of death was "blunt impact injury of
head with epidural hematoma". He was 72 years old at that time. A fall
for a senior citizen is traumatic in itself and any shock (including
falling into cold water can induce arrhythmic failure even in super
healthy teenagers).
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/atkinsdiet/a/dratkinsdeath.htm
I'm only 66 now and fell last autumn, I live alone and it took me 3
hours to get back up on my feet, I might not have made it hadn't it
been for my doggy....

That Mr Atkins died of a heart attack is just wishful thinking on
behalf of an ignorant and lazy traditionalist - ask your cardiologist
for proof and challenge him to the fact that as LCHF gains in
acceptance that he will be losing patients who he and his industry are
trying to keep unhealthy to bolster their livelihood and profits.

To compare Garry Taubs, an investigative journalist, to a doctor
proper or alike his findings to Mr Atkins is just rubbish. Garry
exposes findings at a molecular and cellular level and his conclusions
have yet to be challenged - indeed his work is now corroborated
through a multitude of scientific establishments.

Then of course you have the gazzilion testimonials from people who
have managed to improve their situations by ignoring Big Pharma and
their lackeys.

You have 2 choices - find a serous hopefully ambitious and younger
cardio who is actually interested in staying on top of his know how
and developments, or - educate the malpracticer you have -  if it's
not too late!

Do you mind sharing why you went there in the first place?

/G.