From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 19:34:45 -0400
`Hi everyone;
I suspect things vary drastically from club to club.  I was delighted to
discover that an area club meets at a church about two blocks from here.
  After some kind urging on my part they did help me get up my hf9v and
everyone marveled at how wonderful that big antenna looked.  The flip
side is that the president who is a ve has no station and most others
have primarily two meters and echo link.  The beautiful antenna has a
terrible noise level and anything above 20 meters has a totally
unreasonable swr.  So its not just enough to get someone to help but to
get someone with some experience and most of all time to help.  This was
a one day project.  When the day was gone so were they.  Lots of
progress was made during that day but they definitely needed to stop
back for a few hours and try and help perfect the job.
I am left with the feeling that most members have at least their general
but most don't have a working station.
--
richard