From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2011 08:20:35 -0400
Are you sure it's not the construction of your house? I've seen houses
insulated with aluminum foil and the like and getting any rf signals through
those houses is tough, to the point where one place I was on vacation at,
the house we stayed in you could literally have full cell phone signal on
the deck and almost none in the center of the house, and it was not a big
house, I'm talking maybe 15 feet difference. They had a wireless router for
internet as well there and same thing, in the same room with it or the next
room with the door between the rooms open, fine, that extra 10-15 feet to my
bedroom, an excellent signal went to good or on a bad day poor, and that
router had high gain antennas on it. I could forget running an HT on vhf in
there too, center of the house I'd be talking to myself, out on the deck, or
the rec room which was an addition and it was fine, and that's the room the
wireless router was as well, in the rec room. I don't believe the xm radio I
used at the time could get it's fm radio signal through the house either, I
think I had to be in about the same room with it which is the same thing as
what you're doing, so I thought I'd ask if it's the construction of the
building or not. I've seen that other places as well.