From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 20:06:48 -0600
I think I asked this a while ago on list, but didn't hear a response, so
perhaps I'll ask again.
Someone on list, I can't remember who, had mentioned that they were
successfully using the DV tool, or DStar dongle software in one of it's
first releases with JAWS or Win eyes.  Then, the software was updated to a
new release and became utterly unusable with JAWS/win eyes.
My question is two part:
firstly, what version of the software was accessible with a screen reader
and can that software still be used with the dv dongle if one can locate
that version?  and, has any headway been made with the newer releases of the
DV tool software for accessibility with a screen reader?
I ask because one of our local DStar enthusiasts wants to give me a DV
dongle, but I haven't yet accepted because I was pretty sure that the
current version of the DV tool software isn't at all accessible.
The DStar radios also don't make any allowance for a speech synth
whatsoever....which is a bit disappointing.

any help is appreciated.

73
Colin, V A6BKX