Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:28:53 +1000
I have a P55T4P2/AMD K5-PR120 (overclocked to the PR133 level), running
linux exclusively, on which I am trying to get an old monochrome adaptor to
run.  I have recompiled the linux kernel with "multimon" patch and the
kernel drivers seem to do their thing (when I switch to a Virtual Console on
which I have a getty running for a mono tty, the cursor disappears on the
svga; and when a login to this VC is logged in the system messages) but I
cannot see anything on the mono monitor!

I want to ask here whether there is anything special I ought to know about
trying to get an old, non-specified mono card with printer port up and
running on this motherboard, while (or even while not) running a Matrox
Millenium 4MB svga card.  Even without the Matrox card, the bios will not
write the change to mono monitor type to the cmos.

Thanks for solid advice in the past from this list.

Alan Davis
--
"Our loyalties are to the species and the       Alan E. Davis
planet.  We speak for Earth. Our                [log in to unmask]