From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:38:26 -0700
Hi Jim ~

I'm sure most all of us would send congratulations on your physical test results!
I'm sure I would!!

If you do send this doc some "reading," may you also send it out to the general
membership?

Again, congratulations!  May we all impress our doctors!

Diane H.

  Jim said:

  We've one of those here in Dallas.  Not afraid in the least of the
  burgers minus the buns.  It's the fries and the shakes, with their
  high carbohydrates, that'll kill you.

  Quick story.  Just went in for my physical this morning -- first time
  in six years -- and the doc, who's gotten even more portly than the
  last time I saw him (a nice fellow, however), says, Hey, you're really
  looking good!  Great physcial specimen.  Blood pressure is ideal,
  weight is perfect, everything checks out great.  You must be a
  vegetarian, huh?  I inform him quite that I'm quite the opposite: low
  carb paleo with no fear of saturated fats.  As a matter of fact, I
  say, I fear a glass of orange juice more than I fear the fattiest pork
  rib.  He then replies, well you're an exception.  No average person
  could be healthy eating what you're eating.  That's before I remind
  him that I was eating the same thing he eats just a few years and 25
  pounds ago.

  He asked that I send him some reading.

  Jim