From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 15:22:58 -0700
-----Original Message-----

>Interesting. I don't see that as much around here. Perhaps it's because I'm in a more rural area?

Hi All,

My situation is also a little different. Coffee shops where I live (also semi-rural) are a gathering place for socializing and/or business meetings. They also serve as places for many of the retired men in our community to get out of the house. The coffee shops often serve specialty coffees and commensurately higher prices, possibly to generate some profit from customers who take up space for lengthy periods of time while purchasing only coffee, and sometimes, between-meal snacks.

Best Wishes,
Ron