From:
"Dan B Dyer Jr,/Danny" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:26:16 -0500
Hi Justin, never used one, but a blind ham friend in north eastern AR has
successfully used the MFJ mag loops and tuner.  Phil Salas, ad5x has done
some good research and writing on the subject, Phil, in TX, is not blind,
but is a very helpful individual.  The Mag loop tuner is rather pricey, and
the loops can be, unless you make them from wire yourself, but from what
Phil and Jack/wa5rop says, the tuner is just a two control device, and tunes
very sharply, but very audibly, using the signal to noise ratio of the
receiver, and Jack has worked a number of hams inside his/then, Apartment,
using even QRP,/5watt power.  I forwarded your note to Jack, and you may
very well hear from him. HTH, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu in GA.