From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:06:39 -0500
SWR meters often become inaccurate when the SWR is high.  An infinite SWR
would mean that the forward and reflected power are equal, at least on an
ideal meter.  It would be good if you could tell whether your internal or
external tuners were adequately compensating for the high SWR at the band
edges.  Remember, your resonant frequency is 1.830 MHz, not 18.300.  It
sounds like things should be reasonably safe from 1.8 to 1.9 MHz, at least.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls