From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:13:33 -0500
BB is base boost, makes you sound very basy but if you have a very high
sounding mic element like the Heil HC-4, it makes it so people can actually
stand to listen to it.
C is conventional which for most mics is what you'll want, not all but most.
HC is high cut, makes average mics sound like the heil HC-4 element, very
high, no lows in it, hard to listen to if you ask me.
FP is flat, not sure what it's good for and I can't describe how it sounds
but I've helped a lot of people set audio and have never heard a voice, mic
or radio it sounded even respectable with.
U is user option, that's where you can take the software, usually there's
software to let you tailor the audio yourself and make it sound how you
want, or, if there's software out there like there is for the TS-2000 to
play with band width, you can actually widen it out on some radios, I think
the TS-480 has software like that too. I have done that to the TS-2000 but
only really use it for receive, in a good rag chew QSO, with out people
right next to you in frequency, it does sound good.