From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:10:05 -0400
Steve, Just to clarify:  While there is a direct USB connection between
radio and pc, you need to install a virtual com port driver which will
assign a com port number to the usb connection so the various logging
and control programs   can access the port.  Tom seems to be stuck in
the installation of this driver.
Tom:  I know you want to use your existing usb to serial adapter for cw
keying, but in a pinch you can set it up for rig control and reload your
settings after the reset.

73, Steve KW3A