From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2011 21:36:08 -0500
I would truly enjoy a sort of schedule for the blind hams list, if such a
thing exists, since I'll be back on HF with a brand new ts590s beginning the
tenth or eleventh of September, and a Hygain AV640 vertical multi-band
antenna, or, on 40 meters and 80 meters, a dipole on a mast supported by my
chimney. Excited?  Heavens to mergatroid, man I cannot say how excited, been
since 1989 that I was on HF with a TS440S and there is no way you can
compare the rigs of yesteryear to those of today, particularly with the
digital audio processing of noise, etc.  I hear complete praise of the TS590
everywhere I go, particularly as to how accessible it is to blind persons
like myself, and then, the program which runs it on the computer is truly
accessible, and that, I have     installed already, so as I say, I am in for
a lot of real fun!  I played around listening on EchoLink last night using
the HF facilities of a couple of stations, and was amazed as to the audio
sounds on these modern rigs compared to a dozen or so years ago. Some sound
like broadcast stations;;  I listened on 3.933 last night to a round table
where the stations were like in high quality A.M. broadcast quality, using
lower SSB, was unbelievable!
Anyway, I am excited, can you tell? Kind of like a kid and the candy store
with his nose, not pressed to the glass, but inside, perusing the candy
knowing he can have about any of it he wishes. all I need now is maybe some
better antennas, but wow, to be on the air at all, and with this double lot
of 75 by 150 feet, I can come up with some mighty good antennas ideas, let
alone maybe a tower someday and a decent beam setup, but am beginning to
dream again. :)

thanks guys!

-- Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Overcast, 64°F Wind:S-170° at 9mph
Smile - things may get worse more slowly.