From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 11:43:31 -0400
    Walter:

I just checked, and a brand new TS590 can be had from R and L Electronics
for $1609.95.  This price is $20 lower than it was a few weeks ago.

From what I hear, TS590's are going so fast, that they have trouble keeping
up with the demand.

In fact, the R and L web site says they are on "back order" once again.

You would need the VGS1 voice chip, of course, to make the menus and
functions talk, and I believe that is around $60.

If it were me, I'd definitely go with the TS590, as opposed to the TS2000.
The TS2000 is slightly less accessible, and is an older rig.  Also, if you
already have something for 2 meters and 440, you would not need those bands
in the new radio, unless you want them as a back-up.

These are just my thoughts, of course.

Will se what others suggest.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ