Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 22 May 2011 18:34:39 -0500
John,
I've no personal experience with the Wauxun so I can't give a direct
comparison.  I just saw a posting that said that the T Y T spoke more
but gave less accessibility than the Wauxun but I don't know.  The T
Y T on display is a new version of the software so perhaps this
changes things a bit.  There is a button in the top rowq of the T Y T
that says menu and when repeatedly pressed says things like squelsh,
freq. CTCSS, CTC, display and and freq.  i am guessing that once you
get to the menu desired you press another key and then have access to
that function.  The vendor with no name in the flea market explained
about the new software version indicating that it was brand new and
he hadn't had a lot of time to read about it.  Universal was pretty
busy when I stopped by and I didn't have too much opportunity to
chat.  I am a little reluctant to "kick tires" when there are people
there with cash and plastic waiting their turn!!
I was probably ready to spend some money yesterday but we attended a
couple of presentations, it was really crowded inside and we wanted
to get away early enough to meet some commitments back here.  No
trouble getting a phone number for Universal and trading sales tax
for shipping charges!!
Hope this helps some.