colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 May 2011 17:32:22 -0600
they are hard to find used.
 but what I would do is create an account on ebay if you don't already have
one, and save searches for LDG tw1, LDG tw2, just tw1 and tw2...this will
have ebay send you an email with the newest listings, or any new listing
with those keywords in the title.
You'll get some garbage from other listings, but if one does hit ebay, it'll
come up in the daily email.
Also check eham.net, and qth.net regularly.
Put up want adds on qth.com every so often asking for an LDG tw1.
I would imagine some hams bought them as a novelty but don't use them all
that much compared to their digital or eyeball meters.
Every once in a while someone from this list will have a tw1 or tw2 they
want to get rid of or trade.
The smart guys were the ones who bought two of each and have an extra to
sell or trade away for someone who needs one now that they're out of
production.
I would also suggest, for anyone who doesn't have either of the meters, or
has one, but not the other, and really wants one, to email LDG directly and
ask that they be brought back into production.
If enough hams do this, they may offer a limited production run again bassed
on demand.
Or, perhaps, some of our techy types who might have knoledge of electronics
manufacturers in China, could get the design and have a small run produced
for a low cost.
As we've seen, both models of the LDG meters have sold out and are fairly
popular in the blind ham community.
I wonder if MFJ might pick up the design and produce some of them given
enough demand...they seem to make everything else.
The design seems to be openly availible from the gentleman who created it at
LDG.  He has offered the design to anyone who wants it.
I wonder if getting that design and farming it out to someone might not be a
good idea.

73
Colin, V A6BKX